Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Eat More Chocolate

Valentine's Day is a scam... but I will gladly be a part of that scam and accept chocolate from my adoring fans. I'll take it any form too - Dove promises, chocolate cake, chocolate milkshake, brownies, chocolate fondue, or whatever way you can get it into my bloodstream fast. I like to buy chocolate for my office. The problem is, my visitors aren't eating it fast enough so I have to indulge to save the chocolate from going bad. I'm kind like that.

When I was driving home yesterday, I heard an advertisement for a local gym encouraging listeners to buy their valentine a year's membership to their gym. What better way to say I love you than to tell your significant other "Hey, you could probably stand to lose 10 pounds, so let me help you." Who does that? Well... my stepdad. He had such good intentions, though. In high school, he got my Mom one of those ski machines for Valentine's Day. I am not sure that she ever asked for a gift like that, but on her everlong quest to shed some pounds, he thought he'd be helping. That thing went nearly unused until the day they sold the house.

... but my heart-shaped chocolate bar got eaten. Chocolate wins every time.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Do you know you gave me my first dove promise chocolate? It was in high school - we used to eat those things all the time, remember? Yum. The chocolate is all I care about too!
    Happy V-day girl.
    Anonymous said...
    Did I really? I didn't realize I've had a love affair with Dove for this long.

Post a Comment