Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Hiatus is Over

I have been on a hiatus for most of March, but the vacation is over and it is time to get back to reality. Costa Rica was great. I long to still be swimming in the pool and sipping on my drink of choice - the Mono Loco, which I think I drank every single day. Oh, it was so good. I've posted my pics on shutterfly if you care to take a look. I really like being on vacation. If only I could have made my career as a travel writer, life would be perfect. As it is now, I spend all my spare money on traveling. It isn't a bad investment, but getting paid to do it would be better.

Yesterday, I started back up with the swimming. Taking two weeks off really messed me up. I had the hardest time breathing, kept running into the ropes, couldn't keep my goggles situated and all around sucked.

... I probably shouldn't mention that last week I ate at Moe's 3 times. Doesn't help my body stay afloat very well, but, damn, Moe's make a good burrito. When am I going to find my Mexican husband?

I have mentioned this before I am sure, but I'd like to express again how happy cleaning products make me. When I went grocery shopping the other day, Publix had their Lysol products buy one get one free, and I felt like I won the lottery. Actually, I am starting to have a problem with the buy one, get one free of any product. I feel like I need to take advantage of it even if I don't need it. Anyways, I was so excited to get home and use my new Lysol products. Does this make me crazy? At least I am easy to please.

I am at the crossroads with my hair. I've worked so hard to grow it long, but gosh darn it, I am so bored with it. It just sits there all boring-like. In addition, I left my beloved ceramic curling iron in Tampa last month and I am afraid it is being held captive. I miss it terribly. I am trying a new hairstylist next week. I am such a hairstylist runaround. I just can't stay faithful. I cheat on them all eventually. I can't help it but I am in search of the perfect hairstylist who understands my wants and needs. Is that so bad?

Is March already close to the end? Two months ago, I thought "time" would not go by fast enough. Isn't time such an amazing thing... the only healer.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    You left your flat iron in Tampa? omg, how are you surviving? I would've died! If it makes you feel better I love your long hair and am jealous. I always cut mine before I let it get long. I try so hard and then just give up and cut it. I lack conviction. ;)

    ps If you get that travel job can I be your assistant?

Post a Comment