Monday, July 23, 2007

Mashed Potatoes

When you reach your mid to late 20s and you are still single, people seemed perplexed by what life is like for you. In addition to the annoying when are you going to get married question, one of the oddest questions I get asked quite frequently is, “What do you do for dinner?” I am not kidding... I have been asked this question SO many times. It is like people just cannot grasp what a single person does when 6 p.m. rolls around and they have only one person to cook for. I am so bewildered by this question and I never really know how to answer it as a legitimate question. What do I do for dinner? Well, I eat. Just like those married folks. Mind blowing, I know, but it actually happens. Sometimes I cook a meal, sometimes I eat a sandwich, sometimes I eat leftovers and sometimes I go out to eat with my other single friends. Believe it or not, they eat too. No I don't sit there starving, no I don't make TV dinners (although I admittedly love those Lean Cuisine panini's for lunch), and no I don't live off of Ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese.... anymore. So please, no more dinner questions. As my butt will tell you, we are doing just fine.


2 Comments:

  1. D said...
    how bizarre. who would ask that? as though you wander the streets hungry at dinnertime :)
    Anonymous said...
    Ok seriously you have been asked this? You must be kidding me! You should've responded with an "oh I don't eat, I have to be super skinny so a man will love me enough to marry me!" OMG.

Post a Comment