Wednesday, August 01, 2007

5 Weeks Until...

So now that it is officially official, I think it is time to actually post something about this. In five weeks, me, Aubree and Matt are going to be doing our first triathlon. On September 8, we'll be participating in a sprint tri which includes 1/3 mile swimming, 15 miles biking, and 3.25 miles running. We just finished our second month training which means August is crunch time. I think we are all nervous because we aren't quite sure what to expect but having a goal and something to work toward has really been fun, even if it does kick our butt.

I've never been an athlete and I am surely not there yet, but I think what has been most rewarding about this whole process is realizing that my body really is capable of enduring if given time and persistence. When I started running, I had to stop after 4 minutes. I was worn out. Now, I've hit the 3-mile mark and feel confident pretty soon I'll be doing even more than that.

The other thing about the tri, is it has been fun just to talk about. We spend so much time talking about our plans, our goals, our mishaps, and our struggles. We go online and research things, read message boards, search for the right kind of attire. Instead of fun clothes at the mall, I've been buying things like a bike rack, new goggles, and running shorts.

So, in five weeks I am keeping my fingers crossed all this will pay off.

I am starting a tri photo album in my pictures. There isn't much there yet, but hopefully in the weeks to come, I'll add more. I also might spend the next few weeks boring you with some of training stories and complaints. Bare with me.... it is even worse in real life :)

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Yay congrats girl! I'm so proud of you and can't wait to hear the final end result :) Wow! And I thought my 10K was hard!

Post a Comment