Monday, November 03, 2008

The Right Stuff

Last week I went to one of the top 5 concerts I've ever been to. And I am not ashamed to say it was New Kids on the Block. Yes, that's right, NKOTB. Represent. It was so friggin awesome! Like, beyond words awesome. The arena was packed with girls my age. People were decked out in the NKOTB garb. The best was the shirt that said, "I'm legal now." Everyone was dancing and screaming at the top of their lungs. We were all 11 years old again. And it was nice. It is cool to go to a concert with your best friends when 15 years ago you were at that same concert with best friends. Except now we can all drink. And did.

They sang all their old songs and some of the new songs and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was cool to be around people who shared the same excitement and grew up loving them just as much as I did. It made me giggly when the entire arena began chanting "Hangin' Tough" in an effort to bring them back out. And, of course, they came back out. 15 years later, they were just as entertaining as I remember. As cheesy as it may be to have the New Kids reunite, you can't take a way from the fact that they were and continue to be on this tour great entertainers. There was never a dull moment, never a time when girls weren't screaming, and never a time when I was ready for it to end.

The only thing I regret is that I obeyed the "no camera" rule and was unable to document every dance move, every outfit change, and every time Donnie grabbed his butt.

1 Comment:

  1. D said...
    my fav was that they sang hangin' tough in celtics jerseys. so amazing.

Post a Comment