Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Marathon training has killed my Friday nights for 15 weeks now. And when I say killed, this is what a typical Friday night consists of in the land of Kristen: worrying about what to eat, getting pissy with Matt over where to eat, stressing about eating too late, charging my ipod, and finally going to bed at 10 p.m.
Lame.
I miss my Friday nights. I miss being able to have a glass of wine at dinner, or meeting up with friends, going to a movie, eating a piece of cake, having a date night.
My all time lameness came at Matt's holiday party where the open bar stared me right in the face and I had to resign myself to only one drink. One drink in a room full of people I'd never met before. One measley drink.
I am counting down my last lame Friday nights. There are only 5 to go. Five more and I'll be able to drink again, eat again, and go to bed at whatever time I want. Five more until my boyfriend stops hating Friday nights. Five more until I can hang out with friends.
Just 5 more!
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
12:40 PMAww, no fun! I guess we are skipping drinks and dessert this week then huh? lol.