Tuesday, December 05, 2006
This is my last week of school for the semester! I am so excited to be done with this class. This last month, it has absolutely pained me to sit through 3 hours of class. It has pained me even more to have to see some of those annoying people in my class for 3 hours each week. They are probably very nice people in real life, but in class life, I can't stand them. I am finishing off the class reading a book, "Amusing Ourselves to Death." It is about the effects television has had on such things as politics, religion, the media, etc. I was excited to read this book but have since found it less than amusing. Maybe, as the author suggests, t.v. has also warped by sense of what is amusing. However, what I do know will be amusing will be my upcoming weekend. Since I am a student again (sorta), I feel it is my duty to celebrate the end of the semester by consuming large amounts of alcohol beginning Friday night... after all, that is what college kids do when school is over, right? I think back in my younger days we called it Gator Stompin'.
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
12:49 AMHave fun getting your drink on :)