Tuesday, January 30, 2007
I have spent most of my adult life on a search for the perfect pair of jeans. What usually happens is this: I shell out anywhere from $30 - $70 for a pair of jeans, love them and wear them everyday for a good two weeks to a month, and then decide that my feelings for them are only lukewarm. I still wear the jeans because, after all, I am less tired of them than the ones I bought months prior. Even though I will still wear my older jeans here and there so i can try and act like they are new again, the spark is gone. The only two pairs of jeans I remember wearing like they were going out of style was my circa 2001 Abercrombie and Fitch jeans and my 2002 American Eagle jeans. Oh, how I loved those AE jeans. So much so that I wore a hole right in the butt and could no longer wear them again. I still have those jeans. They hang in my closet waiting to be repaired (and for me to lose 10 pounds). I miss them.
Other jeans I have bought and hated almost instantly after ripping the tags off. Like the Gap flare jeans I bought in a light wash rinse. And by light wash I mean they look like jeans I owned in middle school. I don't know what I was thinking. I despise those jeans and everyday wish I could get my $58 back.
I am now on a Lucky Brand kick. I adore my sweet n' lows and the easy riders aren't so bad although I wish they were a little more flare at the bottom. Unfortunately there is no Lucky in the good ol' capital city but I have scouted out the nearest locations for my next rendezvous. It makes me happy that Lucky leaves a little fortune inside the pocket just for me.
So during my everlasting search for the perfect pair of jeans (since Citizens of Humanity and Paper Denim don't seem to be an option for me right now), I found this cool Web site where they ask you a bunch of questions and then tell you which jeans would be right for you. I had way too much fun reading different articles about what jeans fit right for different body types, how to spot an impostor pair of name brand jeans, and what color denim looks best (because color really is as important as the fit in my opinion).
And so I ask, can I price tag really be put on the perfect pair of jeans?
I too am disappointed at the lack of good jeans here in Tally. I'm the same way, I find a pair I like and then wear them to death until I find another pair to fall in love with. I'm a jean freak!