Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Today's Special

The other night, some friends and I were reminiscing over some of our favorite childhood television programs. Apparently when you hit the ripe age of your mid to late 20s this is what you begin to do. I don't even want to think about what that means for me in 20 more years. Someone mentioned "Today's Special" which had completely escaped my memory, but served as my most favorite show for a good period of my childhood. Oh, how I loved that they got to hang out in the department store after it closed. I wished so badly I would get locked up at night in a department store like them. I used to imagine how cool it would be to try on all the clothes, play with the toys, go up and down the escalator. I see now that my love for shopping really did begin at an early age. Thanks to YouTube I got to relive the intro of my beloved "Today's Special." I realize now that it was a pretty crazy premise, but it still makes me happy to watch.


1 Comment:

  1. D said...
    oh i didn't realize they had this show here! it was a Canadian show! i loved that show so much.
    is it just me or is it weird that the security guard has gin blossoms????

Post a Comment