Monday, September 15, 2008
Hello? Are you there? I am afraid I have lost all of my two loyal readers due to extreme case of a blogging hiatus. But I am back and promise you to be a better blogger... for now at least. So the last time I wrote I was kinda going to do this thing called a marathon. You know, one of those crazy events where people run 26 miles... for fun. Well, that sort of didn't work out so much for me. About 6 weeks away from the big event, I managed to get a stress fracture in my left leg. I cried, I boohooed and I took Advil every single day for about 3 months straight. It sucked. I am no runner. I don't think it is fun. I don't think it is easy. But in those months and months of training last year, I accomplished mileage that I never thought my body could handle. I did 14 miles. Me. A non-runner. And in a way, during that brief time of training, I kinda, sorta felt like a wee bit of a runner. So I waited and waited for my leg to get better. Talked about it a lot. Bored my friends to tears for certain. And this summer I started running again. And it is hard as shit but I have a new goal in sight. The Rock-n-Roll Marathon in Phoenix. On my birthday! My 30th Birthday!
I have two friends also partaking in this "I may be 30 but I am fabulous" event with me - Christina and Aubree. After all, hallucinating at mile 20 with your friends sounds like good times, right?! Last week was week 1 of training. I am easing up on my training this go round, as to attempt to not injure myself again. So instead of 4 days a week of running, I am doing 3 runs one week followed by 4 runs the next. This week was fairly easy. 3 m, 3m, 6m. I gotta be honest... 6 miles seemed terrifying after no long runs since December, but I surprisingly made it back to my car without a stretcher or ambulance.
So while I am back blogging, I warn you for the next 4 months it is going to be a lot of running talk. But hopefully this time I'll be able to write a final report at the end of it all.
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
1:10 PMI think it's amazing that you are getting back into it! Props to u girl!