Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sport Beans

I had a 10-mile run this past weekend. Nearly two hours of my morning spent running. On this run I experimented with the Jelly Belly Sport Beans. A lot of runners take gels or gu's when doing their longer runs to keep their energy up so I thought it'd be a good idea to start trying them before the 'thon. I was starting to fade a bit by mile 6 so I popped about a half bag of the lemon lime sport beans, and oh my gosh, what a difference. At about mile 7 and 8, I had this burst of energy. I felt like I had just begun my run. It might have been all in my head but I am fine with that... whatever gets me through. I don't know if it was running on a familiar route or the fact that the sun wasn't on me the entire time, but I felt MUCH better after this run than I did the 9 miler.



Minus the tight calves for the two days following.

And the lack of motivation I have felt this week.

This weekend is only a 7-mile run. Ha, only! After 9 and 10 it feels like a nice little break.

1 Comment:

  1. cherno said...
    Mmmmmmm... beans!

Post a Comment