Monday, October 13, 2008

I went to see Religulous this weekend. Loved it. However, I am sure many won't. At one point I leaned over to bf and whispered, "do you notice all the crazy churches they've shown are in Florida?" Ah, gotta love the Sunshine State. However, one of the best parts was this exchange between Maher and an Arkansas senator:
Maher: "You're a Senator. You are one of the very few people are really running this country. It worries me that people are running my country, who think, who believe in a talking snake.
Senator: "You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the Senate."
What frightened me most, though, was that theme park in Orlando, The Holy Land Experience. While I love my share of theme parks, I think I better just stick to Disney.
2 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, but Bill Maher is still a windbag-- even though I happen to agree with most of the movie, and enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Would it kill him to be a little less arrogant?
Anyway, making fun of dopey, bible-thumping Senators is always fun.