Wednesday, November 19, 2008
I survived the 15 miles. Injury free too! 15 miles was my breaking point last year. It is what caused me to hurt my right leg which then in turn caused me to really hurt my left leg.
Blah, blah, blah, left leg.
But no injuries this time. And now that I've registered for the race, booked my plane ticket and reserved our place to stay, I am sending out positive vibes that it will stay that way.
So this is the running plans for this week and next:
8 miles, 4 miles, 16 miles
8 miles, 5 miles, 12 miles
And then after I stuff myself with Thanksgiving food all weekend, I get to come home and prepare for my 18 miles the following weekend.
Oh, what's fun is that two guys I work with are training for marathons too and another has just started training for his first tri. It is fun to compare our mileage come Monday morning and talk about things like hydration and sports beans and sore knees.