Tuesday, December 02, 2008
... in just 47 days.
What is most disappointing about the run is that it does not involve any free PF Changs food being passed out at anytime before, during, or after the run. At least from what I can tell. How do they sponsor an event without a party afterwards involving lettuce wraps? I call that being a bad hostess. I did, however, find that from now until February I get 15 percent off at any PF Changs restaurant. Once they send me my coupon. If only PF Changs would come to Tally instead of that stupid McDonalds opening across the street from me. And not just across the street, but yards away from the stupid McD's that already exists inside Walmart. Don't even get me started on how I have to go through 6 lights just to go 6/10 of a mile to my house.
I digress.
I did get in some running over Thanksgiving week/weekend, but about 6 miles short of what I was supposed to run. I am okay with that, though. I think all the walking Matt and I did around NYC amounted to something. I had a miserable time last week with my runs. I could not get my head where it needed to be... which was anywhere but focusing on every second of my run. However, I have come back with a renewed outlook. Today's 9 mile (actually, 8.75 if we are telling the truth) went much smoother.
Thanksgiving always felt like the turning point in my training. I've felt like once I got past that weekend it would mean the countdown to marathon day would actually begin. It also means hardcore buckling down for the next 7 weeks in my training, my diet, my mindset.
This week's agenda involves 9 miles (completed), 5 miles, then 18 miles.
18 miles I say!
I felt really good after my 16 miles, so I am praying to the running Gods that the 2 additional miles won't be so bad. This weekend I think I am going to try the ice bath and chocolate milk post run.
What better excuse for consuming chocolate?
OH and I flipped when I saw another McD's being built right outside of Walmart with one inside, um, hello, omg. I won't even repeat the discussion that went on inside my car when that was McD sign was revealed (it was quite mean ;) Why on earth do we need so many fast foods and no Cheesecake Factory's? ack.
Glad NYC was fun!
What was that address ma'am? Mile 18??
Oh, you'll get back on track this week... without me to hold you back ;)
There is of course a PF Changs in ATL, so any person you might want to take out for dinner in the greater Atlanta area?