Monday, January 12, 2009

Calling all songs

I am making my official marathon playlist for my ipod. In everyday life, I have a tendency to gravitate to slower emo songs. For 26 miles, though, that's just not going to work. So I am scouring my brain and itunes and searching for some "pump me up" music. I need your help. What are some good songs to put on my ipod.... old or new. All suggestions are welcomed.

In other news, Matt ran his first half marathon this weekend and finished with an awesome time of 2:12. He was right on target with his training and looked really good at the finish... despite how he says he was feeling. And he, unlike me, needs no playlist.

6 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    Muse - "Knights of Cydonia" the perfect song to start an epic journey.
    D said...
    "Don't stop till you get enough," classic, pre kid touched Micheal Jackson and clocks in at almost 6 minutes.
    D said...
    Also "Eye of the Tiger" you really shouldn't run a marathon unless Eye of the Tiger is on the playlist at some point :)
    Unknown said...
    I'm with Dionne..."Eye of the Tiger" is a great one! Also "Gotta Get Thru This" - Daniel Bedingfield.

    And I agree...I think Matt put us both to shame with his freshness after the 1/2.
    Melikat- Quinn and Camy's mommy! said...
    I was going to say Eye of the Tiger but I see D beat me to the punch. Pink has a few upbeat songs that are good to run to so does BEP.
    Anonymous said...
    It's slow, but for a finish, nothing beats the chariots of fire theme song.

Post a Comment