Monday, January 05, 2009

RIP shoes




My closet has become a grave yard of running shoes. Five pairs to be exact. Five pairs of shoes purchased in the last two years. That is approximately $500. But alas, it is down to last few days of training. With only 12 days left, I only have 5 more runs to go with 8 miles being the longest of them all. Only 7 more mornings of waking up at an ungodly hour. I am so friggin ready for the day to get here. Even more so, I am so ready to take a break. To get some sleep, to not have something hurt, to be able to go out on a Friday night, to not have my whole life planned around what runs I have to run when. While I've mostly enjoyed this whole training process, my motivation is tapering just as much as my running plan.

So, me, Moe's and a beloved homewrecker... it is on!

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Wow, poor shoes. And poor you! It will be over soon and you will be so proud you did it! As a side note, which brand do you prefer the most? I've always stuck with New Balance and Adidas but never thought Nike were any good. You?
    Kristen said...
    If only that money was spent on fun, pretty shoes.

    I went through two pairs of New Balances that I really liked, then I switched to Saucony which is what i am currently wearing. I had bad luck with Asics and Brooks.
    D said...
    Ok, after all that you need to buy yourself a pair of pretty fun shoes!

Post a Comment