Thursday, January 29, 2009

This beats Rosetta Stone



My bf knows how to show his old woman a good birthday. He knows that one should be allowed to wallow around in their old age in the privacy of their own 7 x 5 mile island. As such, for my 29 +1 birthday (we don't use the word thirty around here), he gave me the bestest present a girl could as for. A trip to Culebra Island.

Say where?

I'd never heard of Culebra either, but my bf is creative like that. After all, he is the only person I know who painted a clock on his wall or who builds a car in his spare bedroom. Culebra is just 17 miles off the coast of Puerto Rico and 12 miles away from St. Thomas. It is home to only 2,000 residents as well as the second most beautiful beach in the world - Flamenco Beach.

We leave in 3 weeks and will fly into San Juan, Puerto Rico and then hop on a small plane to Culebra. When I say small plane I am talking like an 8-seat passenger plane. I am thinking positive thoughts that the short ride over there won't be anything like the Costa Rica plane ride where I seriously thought I might be the girl who throws up on the plane or passes out as soon as I step off. As long as this pilot isn't taking pictures out the window like the last one, we should be A-OK.

We'll spend 3 nights in Culebra followed by a night in San Juan. This is 10 times better than the Rosetta Stone learn to speak Spanish set I thought I was going to get.

If I have to enter the third decade of my life, I am okay having to do it on a white sandy beach, where I don't have to spend 3 months dieting beforehand, and where I can sip daquiries all day while being next to the person closest to my heart.

1 Comment:

  1. Melikat- Quinn and Camy's mommy! said...
    Kris this is amazing, mad props to Matt, he rocks! Sounds like it will be such a wonderful trip, have fun!

Post a Comment