Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This is what's up

I used to like to get my KristenBegins writing done during the daytime hours. However, for the past month the higher beings that pay my bills have implemented an annoying little piece of software that blocks all things fun. I cannot even get to Allrecipes for heavens sake.

So, Matt and I are getting married. Getting hitched. Tying the knot. Taking the plunge. And I totally got caught staring at my ring today at work. I sometimes cannot help myself. We always said we wanted a low key, relaxed, no frills wedding. Lots of dancing, lots of drinking, and lots of food. A big par-tay. However, as simple as we want things, it is proving to be very difficult to actually accomplish this. And not because we are turning it into a Bridezilla episode wedding, but mostly because St. George Island hates us. When we decided we wanted to get married there we thought we'd just pick out a big house, rent it and send out the invitations. Not so much. No one wants to rent to us. They hear wedding and say hellz no. And getting direct answers or any answers for that matter is near impossible. We've actually been told my several people to rent a house and just not tell them we are having a wedding. I've spent more hours on the Internet than I care to admit. I've emailed people, left questions on wedding forums, gone incognito when I talk to rental companies. This weekend will be our third time out there. But I am keeping the faith. Because if it doesn't work out, I just might cash in my savings so we can elope in Tahiti.

Other news is my "might as well be common law" roommate will be moving out at the end of this month and Matt will be moving in. It'll be weird after 5 years to not have him as my roommate anymore, but I am excited for Matt and I to finally live together and not just have to go back and forth to each other's house. Now we just need to have that couch burning party and things will be alright. Oh, and some renters for Matt's place. Know anyone?

Me and running have had a little bit of a rocky relationship since the marathon. I did a half a few weeks ago but I trained poorly for it. I was just so burnt out. I had my first running experience where I thought my stomach was going to explode but I managed to make it until the end. So much for my stomach of steel. I'm trying to get back into it though but I reeeaaalllly enjoyed not getting up at 5 a.m. And staying up at night. That was great.

3 Comments:

  1. Melikat- Quinn and Camy's mommy! said...
    Just wanted to say congrats again! I'm sure wherever you have it - it will be perfect. <3
    Kristen said...
    Thanks Mel!
    Anonymous said...
    Hey you!

    I've had the same relationship with the gym as of late. I'm like, do I really want to lift the weight again. There is so much free time when I don't, and I'd rather run anyway. But the two go hand in hand. One makes me better at the other.

    So maybe you needed the break. But don't be completely broken from it ;)

Post a Comment