Tuesday, April 14, 2009

G-ville

Me and the boys made our way down to G-ville Saturday night to visit our friend who recently moved back after spending two years in America's Dairyland. It doesn't matter how many times I go back to G-ville, the nostalgia is always the same. That city holds a special place in my heart. It always feels like I just left, yet at the same time I feel so far removed from the girl I was then. While I lived there, I thought I really embraced G-ville. I found my favorite places to eat, shops to visit, bands to listen to, and hangouts to frequent. But going back now I realize how much I didn't really experience there. There are so many places I didn't go, areas in town I never ventured into, experiences I never had. And if the me now lived there then, I'd do all these things. I'd find a running spot away from my apartment. I'd visit the restaurants downtown I never ate at. I'd find a favorite bar equivalent to Finn's. I'd go shop in the areas away from campus. I wonder if part of getting older is just seeing things more fully and feeling more comfortable in your own skin to do more things. I don't have a desire to be back in college. I am more content with myself now than I ever was then. Frankly, being an adult is so much better. Yet in some small way, I can't help but think it would just be neat to experience the G-ville then with the me now.

2 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    Hey. Hope that means you had a good time hanging out down here. I know what you mean, after coming back, everything feels like I was just here yesterday. But I am finding a lot of new and different things to do, really trying to make the best out of living here again. Its actually a pretty nice town.

    Anywho, you all are always welcome back for another hit of fun and nostalgia.
    John M said...
    If I knew then what I know now. I'd like to go back to college with everything I know now.

    Only one problem. I probably would have never met you guys.

Post a Comment