Friday, June 12, 2009

A beer for me

I have tried to like beer over the years. In 2005 (or was it 2006?), I thought I might have actually acquired a taste. But really, no beer has really ever sent me. Not like wine or a good margarita. Still, I like the idea of it... all the different kinds, the brewing processes, the labels, the variety of tastes. I like places that have beers from all over the world. I like going to breweries and getting to try little sample sizes of each kind. I like the idea of beer fests and beer conventions. Heck last week, I even went to beer school and learned all about Belgian Ales. Next month I'll learn about stout. Yet, still I've never found a beer I really like. That is until last night. I've finally tasted something I thought to myself, "hmm, I wouldn't mind having this around my house." And that beer is....



Abita Strawberry Harvest is some good stuff. Straight out of Louisiana, "Strawberry Harvest is a crisp, light lager with just a hint of strawberry sweetness." Gosh, I am such a girl. I really should have figured that a fruity beer is the kind of beer I would like. But not Blue Moon. That just tastes like broth. The problem with this beer is that it isn't going to be found most places. So I must start stocking up now so I have my own private stash and I, too, can be a beer drinker at last.

4 Comments:

  1. Melikat- Quinn and Camy's mommy! said...
    Yum, haven't tried that one (surprisingly) but I will now! I do know that Lake Ella Publix carries though, because I've looked at it before. Oddly enough I love me some Blue Moon! But my favorite beer (right now) is Sierra Nevada Porter, it is SO good - but you have to like dark beers, which I do. Tell me more about this beer school!
    John M said...
    Maybe next year at the strawberry festival you can get you some short cake with strawberry beer. Hellz yeah! that would be awesome.
    D said...
    Harpoon Raspberry Hefeweizen is delish
    Kristen said...
    D, you know how I feel abour rasberry.

Post a Comment