Sunday, June 14, 2009
I've probably mentioned on this site before just how obsessed I am with maps. I could stare at them for hours. I long for a fancy, huge, expensive globe that can serve as a centerpiece in one of my rooms. This all probably goes hand in hand with how much I like to travel. I'd rather be broke and well traveled than have lots of money but never left the South. The state job doesn't really serve my hobby well. While we were in Seattle we went in the coolest store, Metsker. Matt and I bought a map so we could mark all the places we've gone independently and together - a project I've been wanting to do for awhile. After making Saturday an arts and crafts kind of day with the mounting of our map, today we finally got to stick in the much anticipated push pins. We both consider ourselves pretty well traveled, but looking at this great big map with all of our little push pins made us both realize how much land we haven't even touched.
4 Comments:
-
- John Moore said...
9:25 AMLooks like more of Europe is covered than the U.S.- D said...
8:11 AMI'd like to see a little more Canada...- John said...
1:43 PMI've read this blog several times. as captivating as it is, I'm ready for more- John said...
10:19 AMmaps.........so tired of maps......maps, maps, maps.