Monday, January 08, 2007
So I am starting to think I jinx the places I visit. I didn't really think much of the volcano threatening to erupt in Indonesia after I visited there in April. After all, it wasn't even located on the same island. And when I started hearing about the bad weather Denver was experiencing - avalanche and all - I just thought it was mother nature or global warming or straight up winter. But, today, while I was peacefully enjoying my lunch, I looked up at the TV and saw a news flash that read "Austin shuts downtown after dead birds discovered" and could not help but think that I am either visiting these places just in time or am just bad luck.
So note: It best for you to travel with me, because the bad stuff will happen after I leave not while we are there.
In other news, I start school today. That is, if they make room for me in the class. It is nice going to school for free, but such a hassle to actually get through the first week with registration. I have hardly thought about school. In fact, I may not actually think about it until I am walking up to that stupid stadium this evening. I say "think about it" meaning that usually my stomach is filled with butterflies and first-day jitters. Is it being older that makes me care less or is it that I just care less?
I am officially bored with the Internet. MySpace? Boring. CNN? Boring. E-mail? Boring. Even Amazon and Expedia which were once my source of entertainment (and source of being poor) have offered me very little lately. Wikipedia will keep me amused for a little while but eventually I run out of things to research. During my self evaluation at work, I wanted to write, "Is brilliant at researching stuff on the Internet." I guess reading about how Czechoslovakia split does not count as work-related research.
I have mentioned this before but I must say it again... I just love Scrubs. I have been netflixing the seasons so I can fill in some gaps and have finally made it through seasons 1 and 2. That show puts me in a happy place and I just love that Zach Braff, who, by the way, is in a new movie coming out.
I finally saw "The Holiday." So cute and so refreshing to see Jude Law not play a womanizer. The movie also had some great lines it in, like this one: "Iris, in the movies, we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason, you're behaving like the best friend." Probably makes more sense in the context of the movie. Go see it.
Speaking of Jude Law, I still love Alfie. I am not sure why more people don't. I re-watched it recently and still think it is a great movie. I just think I have a thing for movies where the guy realizes the error of his ways.
Eternal optimist, ya' think?
Oh, and Go Gators!
I too am officially BORED with the internet. Not even myspace does it for me anymore.
Ick. I want a new site to visit.