Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Anyone who is thinking of doing a triathlon should first evaluate their cash flow. When I started, I had no idea how much it would cost. I thought I'd just buy a new bike and be good to go. Wrong. Let me give you a little recap on how much I spent on this sport that I am just praying I finish:

New bike - $550
Helmet - $25
Tri day outfit - $160
Entry fee - $65
Bike rack - $50
2 new sports bras - $70
2 bathing suits - $130
new goggles - $15
new swim cap - $10
Pool pass - $30
new shorts - $30
gym membership (per month) - $60
trying out a pilates class - $15
new shoes - $90

For a grand total of $1,300!!! And I am sure I am forgetting some stuff. Not to mention, even though I've spent more than a grand, there are still a bunch of things I would like to get. Oy. I think I need to have a bake sale for myself.

I hope at the end I can be like those mastercard commercials.... "priceless."

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Even though it is very expensive, I think it toally will be worth it. Some experiences are worth the cost - and really you can't put a price on an amazing memory.

    I was going to ask you how much and where you got that bike rack - I need one!

    I can't wait to read the "after" blog. ;)
    Kristen said...
    Mel -- I ordered it online through Amazon.

Post a Comment