Tuesday, September 23, 2008
So here is the thing about running. It makes you hungry. Like all the time. Starving two hours after eating breakfast. Starving for lunch at 11. Starving if dinner happens anytime after 6 p.m. And the delusional feeling you get from being hungry and being up since 4:56 a.m. makes you think to yourself, "ya'know, a hot ham and tomato melt from Bagel Bagel really isn't so bad. And a cookie won't hurt either. After all, I did run this morning." And so comes the days I like to describe as totally counterproductive. You know, the days where chocolate cake and cookies win out over yogurt and fruit despite the morning starting off with such promise.
Oh who am I kidding, chocolate doesn't usually have much competition in the fight.
Four mile run this morning went well. I still have no idea what makes some mornings a better run than others. It was like that last season too. Some days those 3 mile weekday runs seemed more tortuous than the 10 mile Saturday run. I don't get it.
Super excited that Michelle Obama is coming to Tally this weekend. I'd be even more excited if it were Barack. I am keeping my fingers crossed on that visit. Oh, my neighbor's friend has a huge silhouette of Barack's face on his car window. Like huge. Now that is dedication.
Yes, it's counterproductive but who cares!
I think the weather changes and your level of energy greatly affects how the run feels (easy or rough).
Have you tried the trails through Governors Park to Tom Brown? Awesome.
For awhile after I had Quinn I thought that I'd never get back into my running, but now the 3 of us go out with the jogging stroller, it's really fun!
I'm loving your running blogs btw (just in case you can't tell ;)
I would say the solution to your problem is to just run more. Start doing 2 a days and you'll be ready for the Michael Phelps Diet™