Thursday, October 09, 2008

9-mile Recap

So last weekend I got to see my most favorite band in the whole wide world play in Tampa. And then I had to wake up the next morning and run 9 miles. Training for a marathon takes all the fun out of Friday nights. Aub and bf were so kind to wake up at a time one should not have to wake up at on a Saturday morning to also run. So here is my recap:

stupid ipod...why won't you work?

okay this isn't so bad

wow, Aub and I carried on a conversation for 1.5 miles.

Where's bf? I don't see him.

Okay, I really have to pee. I can't go 7 more miles like this.

If this lady running while pushing a baby stroller passes me one more time I am going to be angry. She should NOT be that fast!

Okay, reeeally have to pee.

Oh, goody a bathroom! Ahhh, now I can focus.

Man it is getting friggin hot.

Really, really hot.

Stupid shorts... stop riding up damnit.

Has it really only been 5 miles? Seriously? (yes, I say "seriously" in my head too)

Act like you are not tired when you run past these people.

I am sooo thirsty. I wish I could steal that lady's water. What would she do if I just snatched it? Must get a hydration belt.

(Quick stop at the 7-11 to get some water)

Ssurely the 7-11 clerk has seen worse than my sweaty, smelly, gross self, right?

Ahh, this water is the best thing I've ever tasted.

K, just 2.5 miles to go. I can't quit now. I really want to walk. OMG, could it be any hotter! Ouch, my knees hurt.

Act cool when you run past these people. Act like you could totally run 10 more miles if you wanted to.

Okay, almost done... just 10 minutes to go. 10 little minutes. Whatever, 10 minutes is an eternity. You've got this, you totally got this. And then you can get a big fat coke!

oooh, coke.

OMG, 9 miles!

And then I rewarded myself with Moe's and a coke!

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Ok, I totally could relate to this blog. I loved the thought process, especially when you run by other people I think the EXACT same thing...don't look tired, look like you got this, look like you could take them, look like you're an allstar runner! lol. Oh and of course the Moe's afterward, except sometimes it's Qdobas for me. yum.
    Unknown said...
    Hah. The "Seriously" in your head.. I lolled.

    Good job on the 9mi. Don't know how you are doing it. 30 mins on the treadmill and my legs start plodding like a horse.. and thats in the a/c... well, heat up here now =(

Post a Comment